There are many ways to get rid of cold while you are staying in the home environment. But it is pretty impossible to keep warm in the winter when you are in an open place. To solve these kinds of problems and to make your time enjoying a patio heater is a suitable device to give you warmth anywhere. In other words, Patio Heaters are designed to add a warm feeling when you are enjoying outdoor time. Again, some of its great features give you the complete pleasure to use it for a long time.
Review of 5- Best Electric Patio Heaters
However, choosing the best electric patio heater is not easy enough. As the market is flooded with various types of patio heaters of different brands, so it seems a bit confusing to select the right one. Therefore, if you want to buy the best electric patio heater, we suggest you go through the following review to find out your desired one.
A buying guide usually briefs vastly about the products. Since you can collect information about a specific product from its manufacturer, but buying offers you an overall perception of several similar products available in the market. Besides, a buying guide also drives you to the conclusion and help you out to decide your expectation and budget. Therefore, to help you buy the best patio heater, we have added a buying guide of the best electric patio heater, discussing the standard features and essential functions. We hope this guide will prove helpful to you for making an informed decision.
The power source is a crucial matter to buy a heater. So, there are several types of power sources for it. You may choose it according to its availability. Here we have discussed some of them.
- Propane: Propane-type heaters usually feature a tank or a placement to place the propane. They do not need any professional installation. Also, they are effortless to use and need to refill after finishing the propane.
- Electric: It is the most available power source for the heater. Electric patio heaters don’t need to get refilled after use. However, you can face problems running this heater when there is no source of electricity.
- Natural Gas: You can connect them with the natural gas pipeline, and their operation cost is meager. These heaters don’t have any use of fuel tank and have an only concern about the gas. With these gas heaters, any gas leakage problem can cause an accident yet.
When a consumer comes to buy a heater, designs come as an essential consideration because the beauty of the place relies on heater design. Since we use these heaters for outdoor purposes, also, design matters significantly for them. Again, it is also wise to choose heater designs based on their installation space and place. Here are some of their designs-
- Standing: Standing heaters are the most effective because they can provide warmth more than 20 ft away. Furthermore, they are effortless to carry outdoor. Also, they used to have a wheel along with the stand.
- Mounted: Mounted heaters are worthy of attaching with the wall in a small room. They can provide heat in a tiny room very properly. However, you can face the problem of placing them where ever you want.
- Hanging: You can easily hang them with a ceiling, deck, or sunroof. These heaters look so pretty when you enjoy your outdoor time under them. Usually, the power source of this kind of heater is electricity.
- Tank Top: These heaters require less maintenance, and they are very cost-effective. They could be easily connected with the propane tanks.
- Table Top: It is the smart version of the heater indeed. This design is worthy of use in dinner gatherings, small parties. Tabletop heaters are suitable to carry from one place to another. You can adjust them on the table and other similar surfaces. It could be electric or propane.
The heating range is a matter of concern because deepening on the field; you need to place it to get proper heat. Furthermore, if you think you need a good amount of heat range for a good number of people, you should select one capable of it. Thus, several types of heaters offer several fields of heating. Some of them are:
- Less than 5 ft.
- 5 -10 ft.
- 11 – 15 ft.
- 16 – 20 ft.
- Moore than 20 ft.
So, we suggest you choose your patio heater according to your required heating range.
After all, it will be best to consider some unique features that are very important to get the right heater. Here are they-
- Portability: Portable heaters are very easy to carry from one place to another, and they are also suitable for use outdoor. Therefore, many patio heaters add wheels on their stand, enabling them to carry like trolly.
- Remote Control: Regulating the heater sometimes becomes annoying due to safety issues and some points of view. If you attach it to a wall or hangover ceiling, it becomes pretty hard to adjust the temperature. Therefore, some companies offer heaters with remote control by which we can control the heat remotely whenever we want.
- Safety Shutoff: With some heaters, there is a manual valve to shut off the fuel supply.
- Indoor/Outdoor: Patio heaters are generally used for outdoor needs. But, some patio heaters are perfect for both indoor and outdoor use. Therefore, they have some indoor features as well.
How is The Heat Requirement Determined?
The first thing to be determined when purchasing a patio heater is identifying the heat capacity of the heater. Many products offer different amounts of heat.Whether the heater generates too much heat, the patio will feel like an oven, which will become uncomfortable and a heater that doesn’t generate enough heat will not serve its objective. This is why the calculation of the heat capacity of heaters is significant. The receptivity of the heater is indicated on the label and will give a range of 30,000 to 60,000 BTUs.
Electric VS Other Types of Patio Heaters
To Compute The BTUs Required
For a patio, multiply the measurement of the length, width and height of the patio; the measurement should be in feet. After obtaining these measurements, assigns the number of degrees that the temperature should be raised in Fahrenheit. The result will be the number of BTUs necessary to be produced. Depending on the type of heater and the space to be heated, more than one heater may be necessary.
Important Notes When Purchasing a Patio Heater
There are only a few guidelines that should be taken note of when purchasing a heater. After determining the heat necessary, you should check for the product’s safety features. Safe heaters have a simple on-and-off switch that can be easily accessed. Whether the heater is generating too much heat and is bursting with flames, then the product is unsecured. The fire produced by the burner should not reason burns when it is handled. The ignition switch should be easy to handle and should not injure the skin. Another detail that is related to security is stability. The heater should be stabilized and should not fall over when being used. This is very important because the heater will potentially cause a fire whether it is not stable in its place. The heater should also be easily combined. There are products that are easily fitted onto the gas tank or come in three small parts. Assembling a heater with too many parts might make the process complex and confuse the mechanically challenged. Whether a heater is a poorly assembled heater, it may burst into flames. Apart from safety, it is a major plus whether the heater is stylishly designed. Heaters with simple-looking lamps and accessories can augment the look of any patio or deck. A good design will also make your space have a nice look that can be precise for social events.
Question 1: Which One is the Best Electric Patio Heater?
Answer: Disclose this answer directly is pretty hard indeed. Moreover, while purchasing the heater, if you consider the heating range and some additional features like- remote control system, safety shutoff, long cord, portability, you will find the best one. Also, it will be best to consider the warranty of the patio heater that comes from the manufacturer.
Question 2: Which One is Better Between Propane or Electric?
Answer: There is a fuel tank to fill up the propane and placement along with the door in the propane heater. On the other hand, for an electric heater, there is no worry about filling it. With the help of a long cord, you can connect it with electric power. Moreover, if there are no electrical connections, then a propane heater is suitable. Otherwise, electric patio heaters are convenient and best indeed.
Question 3: Do the Patio Heater Offer Waterproof Operation?
Answer: Mainly, we use a patio heater in the outdoor environment. Therefore, while purchasing electric patio heaters, it is better to consider the environmental issues. Because it is hard to avoid facing unfair weather conditions outdoors, it is wiser to buy a waterproof heater. However, this feature depends on the IP rating. The heaters that contain an IPX4 rating are not waterproof. But if the rate is IPX5, then you can consider it as a waterproof heater yet.
Question 4: Should I Concern About the Warranty While Buying a Patio Heater?
Answer: Patio heater is a common and popular item nowadays. There are so many famous and reputed companies available that offer various patio heaters to their consumers. Most of these patio heaters have come with the excellent built quality and prominent operation. Likewise, their longevity is also more. So, you should not be worried more about the warranty of the heaters. However, some companies are offering a 1-year warranty for their heaters. You can also consider them to purchase for your satisfaction. After all, if you use them very carefully, they will offer an excellent service for a more extended period.
Question 5: How Much Electricity do Outdoor Electric Heaters Use?
Answer: Among all types of patio heaters, electric heaters are more popular. Because of the availability of the electric source, they are effortless to use. Again, there is no worry about fuel filling also. Usually, an electric patio heater consumes 2 kilowatts (KW) of power to run its operation. By checking the box within the heater comes, anyone can know about this amount of energy.
An electric patio heater is overall a piece of essential equipment for outdoor trips. Again, some of the patio heaters are suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage. You can use them at home, cafe, outdoor restaurants and so on. Since the popularity of the heater is increasing day by day, there are various types of heaters available to meet the need of different kinds of consumers. Therefore, it is necessary to understand which electric patio heater will fit better to serve your needs best. Here we have added the 5-best electric patio heater review along with their pros and cons to help you find the best one. After reading this article, we hope that anyone will pick the right one based on their needs.